Essay: Marks & Spencer

Essay: Marks & Spencer
13/04/2011 Comments Off on Essay: Marks & Spencer Academic Papers on Business Studies,Sample Academic Papers admin

Sample Essay

Marks & Spencer is one of the largest retailing companies in the UK with weekly visitors of over 21 million. The company has its strength in high-quality clothing, home products, and excellent food products. The company purchases goods from over 2,000 suppliers around the world and has a workforce of over 75,000 people in the United Kingdom and other countries of the world. Marks & Spencer has 600 stores in the United Kingdom and is stretching to various international locations. Marks & Spencer is the leader in women’s wear and lingerie in the United Kingdom. The company over the years has also displayed phenomenal growth in menswear, kids’ wear and home products which is partially due to a strong online presence and growing online sales.

Food products account for 51percent of the total sales of the company while the remaining 49 percent sales are contributed by clothing and home-ware. The company’s food products range from fresh produce and groceries to partly prepared and ready to eat meals. The company’s environmental initiative which is Plan A is gaining popularity and momentum with time. This environmental initiative will make the company a carbon neutral and total waste recycling facility by 2012 which displays the company’s dedication towards social and environmental responsibility (Marks and Spencer 2009).

On the financial front, the company has displayed steady growth in revenues, operating profit and earnings per share from 2006 to 2008 but the global financial crisis which started in the later part of 2008 has affected the company as well and the company’s revenue and profits have declined in 2009. Cash flows of the company have also been quite impressive since 2006 with steady growth in the net cash inflows of the company with the exception of 2007 when the company invested heavily in fixed assets there was a net cash outflow of £233.9 million (Marks and Spencer 2007).

Please go to the order form to order essays, research papers, term papers, thesis, dissertation, case study, assignments on this essay topic.

Related Essays, Research Papers, Term Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Case Study, Assignments entries.


About The Academic Paper